The entire team at Washington County Ambulance District believes that quality education is imperative. Our professional EMS Clinicians enthusiastically complete countless hours of continuing education every year in order to provide cutting edge treatments and therapies.
We are proud of our dedicated, experienced and talented instructors that manifest our vision into reality. Our education team maintains the following designations:
- Licensed Training Entity as authorized by the State of Missouri, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.
- Authorized training site for the American Heart Association, in conjunction with St. Francois County Ambulance District.
- Authorized training center for the American Health & Safety Institute.
- Authorized training center for the International Trauma Life Support program.
- Authorized training center for the Board of Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification / International Board of Specialty Certification.
We maintain rigorous education standards for our clinicians, but we believe that education empowers all providers, not just our own! We open many of our classes to outside personnel in the healthcare community. If you are a healthcare provider and are interested in quality education, please contact us at our district headquarters for more information.
Even if you are not a healthcare provider, we offer several health classes to the general public, such as CPR and first aid! Many of these offerings come with a certification.
Washington County Ambulance District also has a contractual relationship with Mineral Area College (MAC). Through our relationship with MAC, Washington County Ambulance District operates and administers the EMS Education Programs (EMT and Paramedic courses) at Mineral Area College.
For further information on courses offered, or to register for a course, please contact us at WCAD-HQ.
Darick Day BS, EMT-P, CCP-C, FP-C
Deputy Chief | Clinical Services
Washington County Ambulance District